Monday, February 15, 2010

1st day jdi cikgu

i make up my mind to volunteer to teach kids at canberra islamic school every Sunday.. and today is my first day..=)..

the class should start at 10a.m. but i woke up late this morning (around 8.30)..maybe because i'm too tired after moving to B&G yesterday..On top of that, it was raining..so, it makes me want to sleep more..huhu..as a result, i was so clumsy this morning..worse, i cant even find my umbrella..and the rain become heavier..how i'm supposed to go to bus stop at city (which will took me about 30 minutes walking) without an umbrella?? I said to myself, damn!! I cannot make it to school for my 1st day..

So,I called one of the sisters (sister Niken) at the school and told her that I couldnt go to masjid to teach today..Luckily, sister Niken said Sister Ariba is on her way to pick me up..but, sister Ariba do not know where is B&G and her GPS was out of batteries..after waiting for her for 20 minutes, finally she arrived..It was already 10a.m when she pick me up but hey, at least I able to go to the school ok..

Once I arrived to masjid, I went upstairs and saw sister Niken took the kids attendence for Level 1 classes..I was like "phewh nsib baek x start divide class lgi.. malu siot if class da stat tp cikgu lmbat"..huhu..Afterthat, I were given a list of students that i will teach..there are 7 of them..when i saw the list, i was glad that I will teach students that I already met during the enrolment..all of them are kindergarten or maybe in their year 1..so cute..huhu..but only 5 students come today..and there are 1 new student which is from malaysia suddenly join my class..and he is pretty good in memorising surah2 Al-Quran..

It was pretty challenging actually..I teach them Iqra and then help them memorise surah..but because everyone have different level of abilities, it is quite hard..Izzah already know how to read iqra until book 3, kavindra and mayada know until alphabet 'da' while saif and angelina dont know anything about Arabic alphabet..everyone wants attention at the same time..stress la jugak..tapi okla..dpt improve skill cane nk handle budak2..nnti ade anak sendiri senang..=p.. hahhaha...1 thing I learn bout the kids today is they loved when I appreciate what they have done..after they memorise surah "izajaa anas rullah ...", i gave them stickers and they seems pretty happy and motivated to learn more..kena bribe sket rupanya budak2 ini..eheh..sbb lama sngt ajar iqra' and memorise surah, xpsl2 xsempat nk ajar islamic studies..amek kau..mmg la nex week pulun la mengajr bnyak mende..huhu..

tp bestlah ajar budak2..looking forward to next week class..huhu..hopefully, they will do their homework..if x, merase la budak2 ni kegarangan aku nex week..ahahha..

ok..need to stop typing..have to continue unpack my stuffs..ishk3x..mls gile coz bnyak brg..=(

0 comments:

Post a Comment